How to create an Attractive Destination Park
Designing and building an attractive destination park is more than just picking a theme and rolling with it. As purveyors of one of the industry’s most relevant product catalogs, we feel confident in our ability to serve as a vendor and a support to those who are looking to outfit a destination park, and help facilitate the creation of an environment that is welcoming and enjoyable for visitors.
This article is built for procurement specialists, designers, management teams and creatives tasked with finding the right products to stage a park for a specific audience, while using off the shelf and semi-custom infrastructure to do so.
Using off-the-shelf components and outdoor furniture and amenities that have some customization options, and still allows a team to realize significant value in the budget spent on these items. It also allows a schedule to better stay on track, and proven efficiencies to be implemented through thoughtful planning and the right product partner.
This article will talk to the idea of creating an attractive destination park using premium outdoor furniture and commercial quality physical amenities.
What type of park are you envisioning? What you plan for can influence your choices for visitor amenities
Do you need to accommodate food and drink options? We offer food-centric seating.
Food and drinks can be one of the most profitable programs at a destination park. Make sure your guests are comfortable and well taken care of with the right kind of picnic tables, umbrellas, and trash receptacles so their time in your beer garden or restaurant and outdoor food areas is well remembered.
Do you have a very large property where guests are walking long distances during their park visit?
Park benches are an excellent option for simple, unobtrusive seating that blends into the background, and offers plenty of respite for tired legs and feet.
Do you have trails, bike pathways and other transportation considerations?
Even if it’s outside of your park, where visitors can house their bicycles and chain them up safely, Where there are outdoor nature-centric destination park designs, bike racks are a necessity.
Does your park center around plants and trees, or need natural parking breaks, walkway barriers and other structures to separate spaces?
High quality, weatherproof, good looking planters might fit the bill perfectly as a long term minimal-maintenance solution.
Is the answer to every need for a destination park an outdoor product we sell? Surely not, but each question should be considered from the perspective of the visitor and what they will want to accomplish, see, and experience in your theme park.
When planning for your destination or theme park experience, looking at infrastructure as a solution to problems is important. Using the perspective of the visitor as the focal point for such an exploration is crucial.
Always evaluate from the perspective of the visitor’s perception-as-reality.
Then see if there is an available, non-custom product on the market that can solve a problem from the customer’s perspective.
Then work with your team to determine the efficacy of that product to provide that solution in your desired space.
- Who are your perfect visitors? What do they want to see?
- What are the other audiences of visitors you may hope to attract? How can you accommodate both (or multiple) audiences with the same features, designs and implementation?
- How can adding background comforts, features, and non-theme-tied products and infrastructure improve throughput, customer experience, and expand audiences to more complementary visitor sets?
- Are the spaces you are outfitting meant for children? The needs may change depending on the specific areas you are working on throughout larger projects.
- In an outdoor space, weather and heat, sun exposure and many other considerations are important to factor in. Are you thinking from the perspective of the geographical location and the visitors? In larger or even regional spaces, visitors may not be only from surrounding areas. If changes in weather and conditions can be dramatic, relative to other areas where visitors may be traveling from, you must consider this
Make purchase decisions based on the culmination of these answers (and other brainstorming procedures).
Some additional considerations will be outlined below to help further refine purchase options.
What Features do you need to accommodate in your destination style park?
- Do you have water features?
- Are your concessions and catering options widespread throughout your space?
- Where are visitor ingress and egress locations?
- How can you use infrastructure to funnel people through a desired pathway?
- What is your overall budget and your forward operational budget regarding cleaning, maintenance and upkeep for amenities, including stationary equipment and furniture?
- What is the normal weather like during peak visitor flows? How much consideration for extreme weather should be accounted for? Do you need to move furniture, or should it be stationary over the long-term?
- How will natural elements factor into the overall park theme and design? Do you need to accommodate planter-based trees or ornamentation?
- Are you letting proprietary intelligence and data drive decisions instead of just relying on creative concepts? Proven success is an important factor, even when trying to be innovative.
Finding the perfect outdoor furniture for your destination park has never been easier
Premier Polysteel offers a significant breadth in our catalog of outdoor furniture and infrastructure for recreation destinations and park usage. We have been a partner with hundreds of brand name entertainment destinations as a supplier of premium quality outdoor furniture including park benches, picnic tables, food service seating and accessory items for that market.
And thousands more of our customers are regional, local or other theme specific recreational destinations, like water parks, theme parks, campground facilities, wedding venues and the like.
Most of our success is built on the back of a product that when side by side with other competitors, is a superior option in one or more ways. Later we will talk about some attributes of our products that make our portfolio so good.
We invite you to have a look at our outdoor furniture and other complementary products if you’re ready to make a decision. We are confident that our quality is world class, our value proposition is excellent, and our customer service is best in class. We also offer an industry best 20-year warranty to protect your investment.
With Premier polysteel, once you are aware of the benefits of the products we manufacture, the process is easy:
If you need help planning and determining the best opinions for your space, you can call our experienced team of professionals to help you place an order and answer questions.
If you need standard pieces and want a quick interaction, you can order through our e-commerce web shop.
If you want to learn more about our product you can contact the team we mentioned above and work through the details of your project, benefiting from years of experience helping organizations like yours. No matter which method you choose, we have done our best to take away the hurdles of ordering park-style infrastructure.
Our products are offered in a plethora of colors and with several potential options, including ADA-compliant variants of many of our items which are essential for public facing theme parks.
How can Premier Polysteel help you outfit a premium destination park that will wow your visitors?
This discussion is a much broader topic than can be easily covered here in a single article. But we hope we have given you some food for thought. Below we will highlight some product and company characteristics that may be helpful in steering you towards the right decisions in procurement. It’s likely that this is one of many articles designed to help improve planning and brainstorming phases of destination park design and future re-tooling for existing parks.
What’s most important is a proven infrastructure, paired with proprietary knowledge of visitor behavior and a visitor centric approach.
- We offer a variety of weatherproof, easy to maintain outdoor park-style furniture
- Premier Polysteel is a leader in customer service and offers a premium, industry leading product catalog for the parks and recreation industry
- Many of our products are built using steel and polyvinyl, a proven mix of long-lasting materials that helps establish solid return on infrastructure investment
- Our products are easier to clean, require no special tooling and are beneficial for maintenance crews from a labor hours perspective
- The quality of life improvements that can be made with the right mix of outdoor furniture and amenities is incredible as a passive benefit in your park
- We help cut liability with stable, safe products that are anti-tip, wind resistant, strong, and offer less chance of slippage after rain events
- Plastisol is comfortable and maintains a touch and feel of the ambient environment, no hotter and no colder
- Our steel framed furniture is coated completely and doesn’t have sharp exposed edges
- Waterproof, rustproof, mold and mildew resistant, and with no places for bugs, spiders, wasps or other vermin to hide
- UV resistant coatings and a proven track record of furniture lasting more than 20 years
- Industry best 20 year warranty
Outdoor furniture that meets visitor needs and offers durable, easy to maintain attributes
When bringing people together under a common destination premise, it’s important to take care of the things that they may not think about while caught up in the excitement and journey created by the space.
Things like: how to avoid the heat and sun on hot days; the rain on the wet ones.
How the visitor can easily recognize the best walkways, and preferable traversal pathways.
Where to eat, and where to put trash.
How they can find a place to sit, and a place to talk to better enjoy the space with friends and family.
This is a key to the success of a destination park – helping visitors enjoy the intent and the moment, by making sure they don’t have to deal with the things that can add up to be nuisances.
The best visitor is a return visitor. And the best way to get a return visitor is making the return irresistible by providing an experience that was convenient, and interesting, and comfortable.
We can help you do that – reach out to our team to discuss your project together with us, and benefit from decades of experience helping others just like you to accomplish this goal.