Get a return on your investment when buying commercial park furniture
Whether you are a municipal planner, a private company buying agent or another representative of the recreation and parks industry, We feel uniquely positioned to help you realize a ROI on your outdoor furniture and amenities purchases. This article will help to navigate the concept of gaining long-term value in your purchase that faces the public, in the sector.
Commercial park furniture is much more nuanced than other physical facilities purchases, and can easily net a positive return on investment if the purchase is properly planned. But that isn’t the whole story, either. We’d like to talk a bit about how you can realize positive ROI in the short term, the intermediate and the longer-term with Premier Polysteel.
Outfitting a park is no small task – and it can add up financially – here’s how you can realize an ROI
Parks are notoriously difficult to orchestrate from a design and implementation perspective, especially against a short timeline. Because every city, county and other governing body is different and the industry changes frequently, planning for a park can be difficult. But it doesn’t have to be a nightmare.
You may be operating with a fixed, front-loaded budget that requires an arbitrage in value to be presented early on. Alternatively, you may be working with a perpetual endowment that caters to maintenance and future purchases. There are some interesting best practices that can assure success, regardless of how your purchasing power is structured. What matters most is a combination of features, lower operating costs, and longevity of the products you install in the space.
Here are some baseline concepts when planning for the park you are building:
- Are your commercial park furniture vendors able to back their product over time with healthy company fundamentals and a proven track record? Is there a robust warranty in place?
- Does the company you intend to work with have the ability to deliver on all your needs, or do you need to plan for multiple vendors?
- Is the park furniture you are looking at purchasing built to last through your specific outdoor conditions, and public facing users in the volumes you anticipate?
- Does the furniture have anti-theft and anti vandalism capabilities?
- Are there commercial park furniture offerings throughout the catalog of products (things like planters, bike racks, trash receptacles, benches, and picnic tables, etc.)
- Does the service offering make sense for you as a buyer or designer – can you count on the vendor’s resources and professional development team?
How to measure ROI with park furniture and amenities
There are several core concepts that must also be considered when determining the actual ROI of commercial park-related furniture and amenities.
- What is the expectation of use of these products?
- How often will they need to be maintained and what does that long-term cost look like, upon the backdrop of available, current employee load?
- Does the equipment you are planning on purchasing have special maintenance requirements, or need special chemicals or equipment, or training to maintain?
- What timeline do you have for considering replacement? The distance between three years and 20 years makes a big difference.
- Do you have any hazards that are important to consider (high winds, high theft rates, fire danger, etc.)
- What is the desired look and feel of the park? Do you need color coordination, kid-friendly structures, ADA compliance, etc.?
- Do you have specifications for equipment and furniture that must be adhered to?
Given these answers you can begin to evaluate the following questions:
Is this furniture built to last, and to be used by dozens or hundreds of users every day for the timeline you expect?
Can you count on the furniture and amenities to avoid liability, and prevent injuries and accidents? From splinters, to tipping, to wind resistance, what does the furniture actually perform like under all conditions?
Does the furniture incorporate all the needs of the public demographic expected to use the park daily?
What is the estimated total cost of ownership for the pieces you are considering? Not just the up front costs of procurement and installation, but also of day-to-day maintenance, yearly upkeep, and replacement costs?
What value, after the sale, does the company providing the products offer? Is this value enough to help positively impact the total cost of ownership?
In the end, ROI in the commercial park furniture industry is about how long a piece of furniture is functional and capable of servicing your desired park-goer, measured against the total cost of ownership. But it’s clear that those variables have a lot of little factors that must be considered as well.
Why We believe that Premier Polysteel offers the best potential ROI in the industry
Of course we have a vested interest in seeing Premier Polysteel commercial park furniture in your park setting, but we really do believe we offer a best in class product when it comes to functionality and longevity, and that we offer a significant ROI in our competitive space.
Here are our reasons why:
- We manufacture a wide variety of products with coordinating colors and styles that cater to a broad set of audiences (park benches, picnic tables, and other amenities)
- Weather proof, rust proof and usable right after weather events, year round
- Safe, strong, stable, tip resistant designs that are also vandalization and theft resistant
- Low risk of cuts (no exposed edges) or incidence of spiders, insects and other pests because of the complete envelope of plastisol coating over the strong steel frame
- Comfortable in hot weather and cold weather because of the polyvinyl/plastisol coating
- ADA compliant models available
- Low maintenance, easy to clean with standard cleaning tooling and chemicals/agents
Proven ROI from thousands of customers over the years
We have a large customer base, but we do our best to ensure that every customer knows that we are a family owned business, and we want to treat our customers like they are family.
We’ve worked hard to keep innovating, service our existing clients, and build the best furniture in the market. We implemented a 20-year limited warranty to show we stand behind our product, and operate our company in a way that inspires confidence that we will be here another 45 years or more (we’ve been doing this work for more than 45 years now).
Most importantly, we build a product that doesn’t have to be doted on, micro-managed, or constantly refinished, and maintained. Having the best quality materials and a proven design means that a lot of the other stuff is less important over time. We build commercial park furniture that is built to last, and perform under heavy traffic, and high user expectations daily, in harsh outdoor conditions.
If you want to achieve better ROI over the long-term and need commercial quality park style outdoor furniture, we’d love to help you do that. Call us.
Why ROI is important for public facing spaces
It doesn’t matter which way your budget is constructed, you need to procure the best equipment and outdoor furniture for your park that you can. Longer-term considerations are also very important. Infrastructure is costly, but wages can become unmitigated over time – the lower the costs to maintain that infrastructure over time, the better.
The public changes too. Their ideas about what they want is ever evolving. Having a partner to help plan and implement changes over time can also be a huge attribute in your ROI projections. Warranty replacement, a broad catalog of options, and stability in a provider of commercial park furniture, is important.
Parks see a wide range of users on a daily basis. Outdoor furniture sees a lot of weather cycles and condition differences over the weeks, years, and decades. Materials matter. Wood needs refinishing and maintenance. Concrete can be chipped away. Some materials aren’t safe when the weather is hot and sunny, or cold, or wet.
Premier Polysteel builds commercial quality outdoor furniture that is perfect for park settings, that is made from steel, offers a lot of protection from natural conditions, and is coated in plastisol, to improve user comfort and longevity. It’s rust-proof, weather-proof and made to last beyond our warranty, which is already a best in class guarantee.
Let’s work together to find better overall return on investment in your park project
We don’t just cater to procurement specialists and designers or managers of park facilities. But we talk to a lot of them. While this article might have been very specific to working with parks to outfit them with the proper long-term outdoor furniture to realize a positive ROI earlier in the life cycle, we do more than just that.
We love working with all of our potential and existing clientele. We invite you to reach out and determine if Premier Polysteel is the “real deal”.