Dining With Family and Friends On A Stunning Picnic Table
Picnic tables remind us of summer. They remind us of BBQ’s at the park or the lake. They remind us how important it is to spend time with loved ones, friends and family. Picnic tables are part of the fabric of our communities and of the way we live our lives. They are also practical, approachable and utilitarian. From the food we gather together over, to the conversations that we have with new acquaintances, we’ve all seen some time at a picnic table.
This article is about getting together with people we love, to enjoy life, and how the humble picnic table can help us do that.
Improving quality of life through thoughtful outdoor space preparation
Getting outdoors can help boost our quality of life and overall satisfaction. It can also give us important vitamin D for regulating our health and even help to lower our collective blood pressure. In today’s world of deadlines and cubicles, and even public health concerns, we are realizing as a people that getting outdoors and being around people is still a very important thing to us.
An outdoor space needs to be able to accommodate a lot of different things. Strategic site plans need to take into account the diversity of public or commercial visitors. They need to accommodate special needs and inclusivity. They need to be interesting, inviting and well equipped.
Whether you are a public space administrator, or a commercial manager that needs to cater to a specific population, site planning can be a huge part in influencing the quality of life of visitors and site users.
We think every site can always improve and every site manager or planner can benefit from showcase examples of what a site can be. But more than anything, thoughtfulness when factoring in the quality of life for a public-facing space, can improve user interactions.
We believe that picnic tables can positively impact that space. Let’s explore the concept.
Eating outdoors can be a wonderful activity to enjoy good company and the outdoors
Good food and good company is always a catalyst for a good time. Gathering around a picnic table whether it’s with fresh fruit, or BBQ, or maybe just a cold drink – it makes sense at the core of what human interaction is. Picnic tables facilitate that. Doing it outdoors adds the fresh air, the warm sun and the open space to complete that experience.
Square picnic tables make sense for when food is involved. Sure you can eat on any style of picnic table, but the enhanced surface coverage of the tabletop on a square or rectangular picnic table accommodates more food, additional serving tools and plates, cups and trays. It also allows people to still gather close together.
Premier Polysteel offers a large catalog of outdoor picnic tables that can help create the space you want for visitors
So, it seems pretty clear that square picnic tables are optimized for the extra space needed that comes with outdoor dining in a park or recreational setting. But the square and rectangle park style picnic tables are not the be-all-end-all of picnic tables for feasting al fresco outside.
Several other options exist. Here’s a quick run down of available outdoor picnic tables that may be able to help you optimize for your needs in your public-facing or commercial spaces. It should also be noted that our quality outdoor picnic tables work in a residential setting too, or at HOA common areas – food for thought.
- Round and square picnic tables seat 8
- Rectangle picnic tables seat 4, 6, 8, or 10 depending on the size of the table
- Oval picnic tables seat 6
- ADA picnic tables available with 1 or 2 wheelchair accessibility spaces
- 8′ accessible seats 6 on benches and 2 wheelchairs
- 4’x5′ picnic table seats 6 on benches and 1 wheelchair
Why Premier Polysteel Picnic Tables?
Premier Polysteel picnic tables offer a plethora of benefits over competitors and other styles of commercially available picnic tables.
Premier Polysteel picnic tables are:
- Weatherproof thanks to a steel inner structure and a 100% plastisol coated exterior
- UV, mold and mildew resistant
- Heavy, stable and balanced, making them hard to move for vandals and helpful in preventing theft. They are also wind resistant
- Rain drains easily through the different table surface and seating designs
- Temperature regulation is helped through the plastisol coating that never goes above ambient temperatures
- Easy to clean and disinfect with commercial cleaning agents and pressure washers, or even just with a standard hose
- Able to be mounted in a variety of different ways
- Available in 12 colorways
- Easily accessorized with umbrellas and other site amenities
- Able to stay outdoors year round
- Don’t accumulate pests or bees, etc. thanks to thoughtful designs which minimizes areas for accumulation, and a fully encapsulated finish
- Finished to stay looking as good as new for 20 years
- Covered by a 20 year industry best warranty
Several different picnic table options might make sense
Your space may need different types of picnic tables mixed together to ensure you have the right offering for your visitors. We love the look of Round Picnic Tables, but all shapes and sizes can live harmoniously together if you think it can improve site usage, navigation, or throughput. Square Picnic Tables are optimized for food or tabletop activities.
Sometimes site planning can be complex. As great a planning team as you may have, some insight might still be helpful. That’s where our team members can help out. We have helped thousands of customers build tens of thousands of public facing and commercial spaces over the years. We might be able to help you understand how to maximize your space. Reach out via the telephone or contact us on our website with our email form, and we can spend some time evaluating your layout, plans, or specific site requirements.
We look forward to seeing if we can help you bring more people together over food, friendships and fine site planning.