Honoring a Loved One with a Special Place: Ideas for Using a Memorial Bench
The idea of a memorial bench is obvious. Especially for those that would have loved to use a bench or frequent an outdoor space in their lifetime. But the value of such a contribution to public space is sometimes lost on those that seek to honor the lives of someone special.
This article will be focused on explaining why there is such lasting value in a memorial bench if done properly, for the person it seeks to honor, for the person of the organization bestowing the honor on behalf of that person, and for the public who will forever be reminded of the legacy of that person whose name takes center stage on the memorial bench.
So, let’s explore all aspects of a memorial bench, from the individual level, from the public aspect, and for the lasting legacy of those who would be honored. We’re proud to offer the world’s best outdoor benches in a way that can help memorialize loved ones, important figures, and lasting contributions to the community.
We feel honored to be able to offer this service and seek to help you understand the concept better, whether you have considered it before or are simply being introduced to memorial benches right at this instant.
Why remembrance can be such a powerful thing for us as humans
We seek to understand the greater picture and see the 30,000-foot view of life. We wonder at the end of life and occasionally during the journey if we have sought too myopic a viewpoint up to that point. We wonder what will be of our own mortality, our own legacy, and our own place in the history books. Even if we live a simple life.
As those who remain when another passes, we seek understanding and education, and comfort in knowing what will be for them, for those they leave behind, and for the things championed by them.
Memories and remembrance, in general, are part of the most powerful emotions we can conjure.
At some point, once we have matured, each of us recognizes the importance of a lasting effect, the act of leaving behind a legacy, and what will be our own impact from a full perspective.
Some of us cope with loss by staging the legacy of those who we have lost – most of us at least feel a draw to honor those that have passed, in a global sense by honoring, at least the idea of passing, and the legacy and memories those that have passed, have left behind.
It’s a moment to reflect on our own accomplishments and future – regardless of where we exist.
But alas, this is not a philosophical discussion per se.
Why legacy is important for social spaces
Legacy matters in social spaces because it allows others to be enchanted, inspired, and then inquisitive about the contributions made by those that are honored. It’s a momentary opportunity for each of us to reflect on our own contributions or to be in remembrance of our own heroes, loved ones, and special individuals.
How a memorial Bench can offer memories, remembrance, legacy, and a catalyst for future generations to act on important moments and honor their heroes
Legacy can be a catalyst for action. In the case of many implementations for our memorial bench offerings, nonprofits honor contributors and volunteers. Such a message can compel future contributions and volunteerism, and even, in the bigger picture, a longing for new contributors to have positive impacts on their community, too.
For individual or private spaces, memorials can daily remind the user or visitor of the fond memories left behind.
For public areas, it’s a chance to use something contributed on another’s behalf – improving the quality of a user’s life through ‘paying it forward.’
Where does a memorial bench fit, in an outdoor space
Any space is perfect for a memorial bench if some basic ideas are considered before placement.
Below are some important parts of evaluating a space for an outdoor memorial bench:
- Are proper respects being paid by balancing the usefulness and utility of a bench while also projecting some simple deference to the presence of such a bench?
- Can the obvious impact of a serene place to sit be realized quickly and satisfactorily? Is the bench an obvious benefit to the space so that the memory is continually shed in a positive light?
- Are you utilizing a good looking, durable, long-lasting bench as the foundation for this memorial designation? Legacy is enhanced with legacy-quality outdoor furniture
- Does the bench fit with the environment and the vibe, and is it protected from theft, vandalism, and damage?
- Are there additional touches that may be able to be leveraged or implemented to create a special space? (e.g., scents, flowers or ornamental trees, other amenities, lighting, and additional recognition plaques – the bench offers one such plaque)
Why Premier Polysteel is the right company to partner with for building a memorial installation
We do this. A lot. In fact, it’s one of the big things we do on benches. To clarify. We build legacy quality outdoor furniture like outdoor benches that are suitable for honoring legacies. They last. They look good, but they are still subdued and offer customizations like a dozen colors to fit into a balanced space. We have a robust customization program that centers around making memorial benches – a timeless classic that is as durable and impressive as the legacy you desire to honor.
The legacy quality of our products is the right fit for your memorial needs in an outdoor space
Our benches offer the following attributes and characteristics:
- Choice of in-ground, surface mount, and free-standing benches. Surface mount tabs are available for free-standing benches if you would like to mount them on concrete.
- Memorial swings are also available
- The plaque is rated for the outdoors, and the message will be clear and sharp
- There is no character limit on the plaque, and the font size is determined by the number of characters
- The memorial plaques have a 20-year warranty to match the warranty of the bench
- The plastisol coating offers superior weather protection and protection against UV fading
- Strong, stable steel structures offer permanence
- Different surfaces in expanded metal offer quick drainage, while the polyvinyl coating keeps it comfortable and protects against extremes in temperature
- The outdoor furniture we produce has a 20-year limited warranty – and we are a robust company with a track record and the intent to back our warranty – by producing top-quality products and staying sustainable as a company. We take our promises and our deliverables seriously
We would love to help you realize a project that memorializes a hero, a contributor, a community member, a date, or a loved one. We are one of the market leaders in the memorial outdoor bench space, and there are clear reasons why. Ask us your questions, we can help you decide if we are the right partner for your memorial bench needs.